1408 - A must see movie coming out soon



Do you believe in supernatural force? Do you believe in what science cannot explain? Do you believe in death and spirit? Well, growing up as a person who always tried to explain things by using the logical way of science, I eventually had a chance to encounter the supernatural.

It was the summer, I was eight years old at the time. It was also the first time I set foot in a small and poor village in Vietnam. The people were very friendly here, as well as superstitious. They worship many different gods and express their gratitude by placing many delicious food in the temple. I would never understood what the point of doing that until something scary happened to me one night. I was sitting in front of the porch, watching the moon and trying to catch some breeze to cool down the humidity inside my body. Suddenly, I saw something floating in the air, kinda looked like a shirt. I thought the wind probably blew off someone's shirt from their yard so I tried to follow it to catch it and return it to the owner. The shirt kept floating in the air and flying toward the temple, it finally stopped and flew inside the temple. Believe it or not, I walked into the temple and searched for it but it was no where to be found, the temple was so small but how could I missed the shirt. I asked the villagers in the morning, and they said that wasn't a shirt I saw, it was the spirit of one of the gods, he was visiting the temple to eat and rest. Luckily for me, he didn't see me at all. Until today, I still couldn't believe what I saw that day, but it was scary to think of it now.
In relation to my story, 1408 Movie is a great movie about the supernatural hotel room of number 1408. If you notice, 1+4+0+8=13, a very unlucky and bad number according to Asian belief. Well, I did some research and found some information about this movie. Here is the trailer:



Production Status: In Production/Awaiting Release
Logline: In hotel room #1408, a writer, known for his ghost stories and haunted tales, gets a taste of his own fiction when his stay turns into a night of fright.
Genres: Suspense/Horror and Adaptation
Release Date: June 22nd, 2007 (wide)
Distributors:
Dimension Films, MGM Distribution Company
Production Co.:
di Bonaventura Pictures, Inc.
Studios:
Dimension Films
Filming Locations:
United Kingdom
Produced in: United States

Synopsis:
Adapted from the short story by Stephen King, a renowned horror novelist Mike Enslin (John Cusack) believes only in what he can see with his own two eyes. But after a string of bestsellers discrediting paranormal events in the most infamous haunted houses and graveyards around the world, he has no real proof of life - or afterlife. Enslin's phantom-free run of long and lonely nights, however, is about to change forever when he checks into suite 1408 of the notorious Dolphin Hotel for his latest project, "Ten Nights in Haunted Hotel Rooms." Defying the warnings of the hotel manager (Samuel L. Jackson), the author is the first person in years to stay in the reputedly haunted room. Another bestseller may be imminent, but first he must go from skeptic to true believer - and ultimately survive the night.

After watching the trailer, I think 1408 Movie is a good horror movie that worthy to watch in the theater, so save up some money now and watch the 1408 Movie in the theater. I believe it's coming this month so make sure you check with local theater to know the exact day.




If you like this post, you might be interested in these posts below as well. Click to explore.


0 comments: